Skip to main content

More
21 years 1 month ago #41 by kadirdemirtas
Hello to everybody,
i just would like to ask (or warn) about something.
I realised that I have loged in Forums only once and since then whenever I start internet explorer, connect to this site and click on Forums link and find myself already loged in. Which means if I shut internet explorer without log out your server does not log me out automaticly.it's not a huge problem but the computer that I use is a shared computer and I don't want someone else to log on my account.
i just wonder why this is happening.
many thanks to creater(s) of this wonderful site.
More
21 years 1 month ago #42 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic log in - log out
kadirdemirtas,

The reason you are being logged back in automatically is because your browser has its 'cookies' support turned on. When you exit the forums without choosing the 'logout' option located on the top left section of the forum, you will automatically be logged back in when you visit the forum next time from the same pc.

If you don't want anyone else using your account, I strongly suggest you make it a habit logging off before you leave the forums. It might be a pain, but sorry, this is how the system works [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

p.s Thank you for your kind words - Glad to see the site is helping you.

Cheers,

Chris P.

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
20 years 9 months ago #43 by netNewbie
Replied by netNewbie on topic log in - log out
Yeah, but it would be nicer if the cookie has a "time to expire", which is not that difficult to add, I guess. Also, it shows that you care.

Thanks
More
20 years 9 months ago #44 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic log in - log out
Netnewbie,

The very existance of this website shows that we care [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

If you know how to modify a cookie to expire on a set time, please let me know so I can make the changes.

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
20 years 9 months ago #45 by netNewbie
Replied by netNewbie on topic log in - log out
To set set cookie expiration in Javascript, go to: www.artemis.dk/js-cookies/

Use setcookie(..) function in PHP.

Perl: (probably this is where you should goto ) www.comptechdoc.org/independent/web/cgi/...nual/perlcookie.html

ASP: www.powerasp.com/content/code-snippets/cookies.asp

JSP: using setMaxAge(..) function www.gulland.com/courses/JavaServerPages/jsp_objects.jsp

I didn't mean to say that you didn't care though.
Yes, you do care.

Best regards
[img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds