Skip to main content

Mail

More
18 years 5 months ago #11120 by RedRanger
Mail was created by RedRanger
OK, I tried to send a message to someone on this board, but I got the following message:

Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 277
File : /home/firewall/public_html/includes/emailer.php

I tried this a couple times, same message. Any clues?

RedRanger

"I'd Rather You Hate Me For Everything I Am Than Love Me For Something I'm Not."

Be Awesome
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 5 months ago #11123 by
Replied by on topic Re: Mail
It's a known problem.

www.firewall.cx/ftopict-2185.html
More
18 years 5 months ago #11127 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Mail
Hi RedRanger
You'll find that even though you get the error message, your mail is almost always delivered successfully. The guys have known about this one for some time, but at the moment they're all busy working on the Cisco lab. I'm sure it will be fixed in the future
More
18 years 5 months ago #11138 by RedRanger
Replied by RedRanger on topic Re: Mail
Opps....sorry bhashkar2427. I sent like 5 messages to him because I got that response.

RedRanger

"I'd Rather You Hate Me For Everything I Am Than Love Me For Something I'm Not."

Be Awesome
More
17 years 10 months ago #15008 by d_jabsd
Replied by d_jabsd on topic Re: Mail

Hi RedRanger
You'll find that even though you get the error message, your mail is almost always delivered successfully. The guys have known about this one for some time, but at the moment they're all busy working on the Cisco lab. I'm sure it will be fixed in the future

6 months later, this is still an issue. How about adding a message to the error that says, your message most likely went through even though this error appeared.

It would save people from re-sending the same message many times before they check the 'website problems' forum.

:roll:
More
17 years 10 months ago #15016 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: Mail
I'd like to note that despite the email error reported by the system, the private message does get through to the member it was intended for.

The error is related to the system trying to send an email to the recipient, to notify him/her that a new private message has arrived.

As mentioned '6 months ago', this issue will be resolved as soon as the Cisco lab is complete.

Regards,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds