Skip to main content

Using Avatars on Firewall.cx

More
20 years 5 months ago #1078 by Chris
I've noticed that a few problems are occuring with the site's avatars and decided to create this thread for people who want to use them, but are having problems displaying them on their forum posts.

There are two ways you can define your avatar:

1) In your account settings (Your Account - Menu on the left), then selecting the "Your Info" icon

2) By selecting the "Profile" link located right above.

If you haven't had any problems, then either methods will work fine, but if you notice a red X in your avatars position, then please use the 2nd described method to ensure your avatar will be displayed correctly.

As always, if your still having problems, let our staff know and they will gladly assist you.

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
20 years 3 months ago #2007 by TomaHawK
when i try to upload an avatar via "Profile" i get this error message:

Warning: copy(./modules/Forums/images/avatars/5745524973fd8c3635ee49.gif): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/firewall/public_html/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 264

all errors are intended, correction will lead to sudden death
More
20 years 3 months ago #2008 by sahirh
Hmm thats strange.. try it again and see if you get the same error message. Can't have you without an avatar now can we ;) ?

Cheers

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 3 months ago #2018 by TomaHawK
hmmm now it won´t display that error message, but the gif is just that blank and red x =(

all errors are intended, correction will lead to sudden death
More
20 years 3 months ago #2024 by Chris
Tomahawk,

I'll take a look at the permissions for you. It is possible that the problem arised since the website relocation to our new hosting provider.

As Sahir noted, we certainly wouldn't want you without an avatar !

Chris Partsenidis.
www.Firewall.cx
More
19 years 6 months ago #5247 by Chris
The avatar upload problem hit again and has been resolved, therefore all users are able to upload their avatar on our server!

If anyone has problems, please do let us know.

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
www.Firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds