Skip to main content

Login Hole

More
18 years 5 months ago #10774 by TheBishop
Login Hole was created by TheBishop
Hi chaps
I just logged in to the site this morning, entered my username and password as normal but because I was half asleep forgot to type the numerical code into the box and just hit Enter. It logged me in even though the number code box was empty. Just as a check I logged out and logged in a second time without entering the numeric security code and it worked again. Don't think it's anything cached in my browser as I'd just rebooted my machine
More
18 years 5 months ago #10776 by jhun
Replied by jhun on topic Re: Login Hole
also when your browsing the forum and then suddenly hit the reply on the threads you are not ask for the security code as well. just the handle and password. i don't know if it was meant that way intentionally. :roll:
More
18 years 5 months ago #10777 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: Login Hole
I've noticed the issue with the security code for a while. I never type it in. I just assumed it was for new registrations only.
More
18 years 5 months ago #10796 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: Login Hole
I think this issue was brought up again in the past.

Basically the security code as Dalight correctly noted, is only used for new users. Existing users are not required to enter it, but we also like having it there as a 'extra' security measure since a lot of 'automated' programs go searching for login/password fields and start entering different combinations in hope of a positive result!

Sorry if this is causing any problems or hassle to anyone, but I reassure you can simply ignore it!

Cheers people!

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
18 years 5 months ago #10814 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Login hole
No problem Chris, and thanks for the explanation
More
18 years 5 months ago #10818 by Rockape
Replied by Rockape on topic Re: Login Hole
Sorry folks,

I mentioned this to Chris ages ago, and he said the same, that it is only for new users. I meant to post both the problem and the solution, but forgot. It seems that as I get older my faulty memory chip is getting worse. Unfortunately, as I'm a prototype, there are no replacement parts available, so will have to soldier on as best I can. :)
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds