Skip to main content

Missing Link on "Why Use Linux?" Section

More
18 years 6 months ago #10337 by Gareth
Hi all,

I was browsing the Introduction to Linux article and noticed the following oversight which I thought I'd highlight.

On the "Why Use Linux?" page ( www.firewall.cx/linux-introduction-why-use-linux.php ) the footer of that section says that the subsequent page will look at dealing with files & folders, but instead of going to the "Linux File System" section it takes you to the Linux CLI section instead.

The file system page contains some great info for newcomers to Linux, so it's a shame that they might miss out on this (unless they use the menu at the top of the page). Otherwise, I think this whole article is very well written, and contains just the right amount for inexperienced Linux users. :)

Regards,
Gareth

ps - My 1st post... w00t :D
More
18 years 6 months ago #10339 by Chris
Gareth,

Thank you for noting this problem. The 'Why use Linux' page was not updated correctly and therefore had and older link. The problem has been rectified now, so everyone can happily read it!

Thanks again!

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
18 years 6 months ago #10342 by Gareth
Thanks for the prompt reply, Chris :) I'm glad to have been able to help, even if it's only in a proof-reading kinda way.
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds