Skip to main content

Studying CCNA

More
18 years 6 months ago #10951 by beyblader
Replied by beyblader on topic Re: Studying CCNA
hey,
I`m also very much interested in CCNA n also running out of money so pls help me out in letting me know about the simulators that r needed n from where to get those.
thanx

Time is running out!!!
More
18 years 6 months ago #10962 by RedRanger
Replied by RedRanger on topic Re: Studying CCNA
I totally disagree with everyone here. I think if you are going to sit for the CCNA you should have a background in computers. Sit for the A+ certification first. I sat in an A+ class once and it showed everything that we learned in CCNA 1 in detail. I am amazed by it, the best part is that the A+ course taught there was sponsored by Cisco. Take the A+ exam to learn the basics of computing, then sit down and review your priorities. Do you want to do networking or do you want to work with computer repair? I'm in training for the CCNA myself, I really wish that I took the A+ course first. Take it from me.

RedRanger

"I'd Rather You Hate Me For Everything I Am Than Love Me For Something I'm Not."

Be Awesome
More
17 years 9 months ago #15683 by Brandonh
Replied by Brandonh on topic CCNA exam
I'm thinking of taking the ccna exam myself . I am already A+ certified and i have been studying for the Network+ exam which is also a comptia exam. Im hoping that getting Network+ certified will give me a more basic view of what is in the ccna and that will help me towards my ccna. What do any of you think , will getting my network+ give me a smoother transition into networking with cisco?
More
17 years 9 months ago #15686 by Starfire
Replied by Starfire on topic Re: CCNA exam

I'm thinking of taking the ccna exam myself . I am already A+ certified and i have been studying for the Network+ exam which is also a comptia exam. Im hoping that getting Network+ certified will give me a more basic view of what is in the ccna and that will help me towards my ccna. What do any of you think , will getting my network+ give me a smoother transition into networking with cisco?

If you are headed for the CCNA anyway, it comes down to your current knowledge of networking and IT in general and your ability to learn. If you are begining in IT it would be best to take the Network+ to prepare the groundwork for the CCNA. Most of Network+ is a subset of the beginings of CCNA. However, If you are more advanced in your knowledge, it may work out quicker just to go straight for the CCNA.

I think Cisco recommend the Network+, CCNA route but that doesn't take into account your current knowledge.
More
17 years 9 months ago #15689 by Brandonh
Replied by Brandonh on topic Network+
Im gona be taking my Network + exam in about 2 weeks. I have to wait for the funds to come in . I have been studying for about 2 months does anyone have any reccomendations or know anything for sure i need to make sure I know, are there any supprises ? I just got my first Job in the IT fields about 3 months ago. I really got a good oppertunity with this company. I have 2 servers that I am over and i run a DC so i am getting some networks experience for sure. We run 2003 standard and we also have a mail server with 2003 exchange.
More
17 years 9 months ago #15731 by boxer_soho
Replied by boxer_soho on topic Re: Studying CCNA
I dont have a clue

Engineer Electronics and Communication,Telecom engineer in design and development(D n D)
www.pelindia.com
CCNA(1000/1000)
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds