Skip to main content

CCNA Certified

More
20 years 1 week ago #3431 by huliyar
CCNA Certified was created by huliyar
Hi Everyone,

I took my CCNA exam on 12 of this month and got through the exam. I scored 1000 marks. I want to thank you all for the support and for the tutorial found in this site.

Now Im a CCNA certified but Im still looking for a job. Someone told me that the certification is of no value. I felt so bad, because I had spent nearly 3 months preparing for the exam.

I would like to know what should I do next. Should I start preparing for the CCNP or I thought first I get a job and then do further certifications. Also I want to know what is the next best step. Should I go for CCNP or CCSA.
More
20 years 1 week ago #3435 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: CCNA Certified
Huliyar, I disagree entirely with the notion that the CCNA and Cisco certs are worthless. In fact just last night Chris and I were discussing how the Cisco certs are the ONLY certs that are valid anymore and both of us are contemplating pursuing a higher level one (Chris for the CCNP and me for their CCSP or similar)..

Another case in point, I know Sify is hiring CCNAs right now, though thats in Mumbai, perhaps I can get you some details.

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 1 week ago #3437 by huliyar
Replied by huliyar on topic Re: CCNA Certified
Thanks for the reply.

Also which one would be a better option for further certification. Is it CCNP or CCSA.

Hope you give me the contact for SIfy, Sahir.
More
20 years 1 week ago #3451 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: CCNA Certified
Huliyar, I had only skimmed over your first post but I read it again and noticed that you got 1000 ! Congratulations mate, you've beaten all us old dogs on the site and maxed the exam, thats very commendable. The person who spoke to me about the Sify deal is away for a week, if they are still interested I will drop you an email address.

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 6 days ago #3488 by huliyar
Replied by huliyar on topic Re: CCNA Certified
Hi,

Thanks for the compliments. My email address is rhuliyar@rediffmail.com.

Also I think I will be getting a job in one the ISPs.
I did well in the interview. They asked me a lot about subnetting.
I was able to manage.

Thank you all once again for all the support.

Bye
More
20 years 6 days ago #3493 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: CCNA Certified
huliyar,

Thank goodness for our "most recent posts" block on the front page, otherwise I wouldn't have seen this new thread!

Firstly, let me join Sahir in congratulating you on your CCNA certification and score! I had managed to score both times 946 (2000 and 2003) and I'm never planning to sit for a 3rd time :wink:

As Sahir noted, the CCNA is perhaps one of the very few certifications today that is able to withhold some value, where as most other certs like the MCP, MCSA, LCP, Network+ e.t.c are really not considered anymore of great value.

Actually to be honest, the CCNA was the reason I had started Firewall.cx back in December 2000. I felt so overwhelmed by the knowledge I gained, that I wanted to share it with everyone else, so I started the site development on the 24th of December, 10 days after I achieved my CCNA status.

Despite though having a CCNA means that you have a good grip on the topics covered, it does require experience to help you get the most out of it.

I've discovered through the years that the CCNA is the first step in the real networking world. It allows you to 'see' beyond the typical server, switch, or dialup most people have mastered since their 15th birthday. The CCNA is a call for mature people who want to dive deep and explore new worlds and civilisations ... oh gee... I'm starting to sound like star trek now! :)

In all honesty, Cisco is the way to go and if your good at what you do, then you won't be left out! The pie is big enough for everyone!!

Good luck with your future career huliyar!

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds