Skip to main content

Which office?

More
18 years 6 months ago #10913 by RedRanger
Which office? was created by RedRanger
Which program do you all like better, OpenOffice or Microsoft Office 2003?

RedRanger

"I'd Rather You Hate Me For Everything I Am Than Love Me For Something I'm Not."

Be Awesome
More
18 years 6 months ago #10916 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: Which office?
Considering I use less than 20% of the available features it makes no real difference to me which program I use. They both work equally well as far as I concerned, especially as Openoffice has come a long way and gotten rid of most of the obvious annoying bugs. The fact that Openoffice is free of course makes it my first choice when installing on other people's computers.
More
18 years 6 months ago #10919 by beyblader
Replied by beyblader on topic Re: Which office?
As i am quite used to Microsoft Office but recently tried Open Office n it did go well so anything free would do n as it is with less no. of bugs compared to teh previous version.

Time is running out!!!
More
18 years 6 months ago #10920 by RedRanger
Replied by RedRanger on topic Re: Which office?
My personal opinion, I like OpenOffice 2.0 better. Office has served me well in the previous years, but it takes up way too much space. Office 2003 took up over 600MB of my drive. OpenOffice only took up a little over 200MB. Plus, I really don't need InfoPath. I mean, it's just really dumb.

RedRanger

"I'd Rather You Hate Me For Everything I Am Than Love Me For Something I'm Not."

Be Awesome
More
18 years 6 months ago #10930 by jhun
Replied by jhun on topic Re: Which office?
well in my experience there hasn't been much difference between the two but i prefer openoffice since not only it is free but handles document processing well aside from the fact that it has also lots of support. the only thing that i noticed is that the formatting on one program (MS office) when exported to the other (open office) varies in formatting.
More
18 years 6 months ago #10943 by nske
Replied by nske on topic Re: Which office?
For my limited needs I've been using Openoffice for about 2 years with no incident or annoying bugs, other than perhaps it's slightly sluggish interface.

Still Abiword remains my favourite every-day document editor. :)
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds