Skip to main content

What is a good anti-spyware program for my office network?

More
19 years 1 week ago #8418 by aa4f4fsd47
Recently took over a network that consist of 100+ computers.
Horrified to find up that at least half of my computers in the network are infested with adware and spywares. Is like a never ending story for clearing spyware alone because it just come back after a few weeks later.
My supervisor had asked me to recommend a good anti-spyware to solve this problem.
Any good recommendation ? There is no budget at all.
More
19 years 1 week ago #8421 by DaLight
nnbnbnnbnbnnbnbNot sure what you mean by no budget, but if you've got no money at all you may be stuck with a solution which requires you to tackle each PC one at a time. You could use Microsoft Antispyware Beta ( www.microsoft.com ) or Spybot S&D ( www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html ) which are both free even for commercial use. Microsoft Antispyware Beta only works on W2K and above though.

If you've got some money to spend for a centralised solution, I use Trend OfficeScan for my corporate antivirus needs and they've just released a new antispyware addon to the product. I've been using Trend for a few years now and it's fantastic.

If you've got SMS server already, you may still be able to deploy Spybot remotely to your PCs using this info I happened to come across yesterday. This will be a free solution as well!!! ( myitforum.techtarget.com/articles/12/view.asp?id=7724 )
More
19 years 1 week ago #8425 by Lindows
Replied by Lindows on topic Beware Spybot
After updating its database. I not sure what update it was. I ran my weekly virus scan, and disovered a trojan in the folder. i believe the program developers aren't aware of this.

Lindows over and out! :wink:
More
19 years 1 week ago #8441 by aa4f4fsd47
It means i have no constraint in budget. No matter how expensive it is my company will be willingly to pay for the license as long as it is effective. In shortly 1 week one of my computer can get 500+ spywares.
More
19 years 1 week ago #8442 by DaLight
nnbnbDo you currently run a corporate antivirus package? I'm asking because I feel it would be a good idea to get both your virus and antispyware package from the same source. That way you minimise the number of potential conflicts between both programs during operation.

That said I would advise on Trend's ( www.trendmicro.com/en/products/us/smb.htm )
Client/Server/ Messaging Suite (CSM) or NeatSuite. The CSM contains protection for Exchange mail servers, File Servers, as well as Virus and antispyware protection at the desktop.

The Neatsuite contains all that as well as a gateway scanner that scans everything at the gateway as well as centralised damage cleanup control.

I've used CSM for a few years now with no problems. There may be better solutions, but it works for me.
More
19 years 3 days ago #8509 by sreelu
Replied by sreelu on topic This also works Fine
I am with Microsoft Antispyware Beta1, eventhought it's beta it's doing good for my network.
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds