Skip to main content

network infected with virus

More
19 years 8 months ago #4704 by apit
how to solve this problem..
my network infected with lov gates virus..
More
19 years 8 months ago #4707 by rich120181
Firstly, have you any anti virus software in place on your network?
More
19 years 8 months ago #4714 by jhun
hi

well it seems that either your AV softwares are not updated or you don't have any AV software installed in your system. remember that a non-updated antivirus software is like having no antivirus solution at all.

first of all, mitigate the problem. isolate any infected PC from the network to stop the virus from spreading. this could be done by removing the infected ones from the network. then try to solve the virus infection per PC by running your antivirus software program with the latest updates and also be sure that you have the latest patches or updates for your OSs to prevent further exploit on vulnerabilities.

after which, try to test the "clean" PCs before putting them back on the network to make sure that no trace of the virus ever hits again. also make sure that you have the AV on all other non-infected workstations and patches/updates to be certain that no more virus reside within your system

hope this helps... :)
More
19 years 8 months ago #4718 by apit
absolutely we have antivirus..
latest update..
but the virus attack the novell client..
and most of the pc's infected with virus..
any solution?
More
19 years 8 months ago #4737 by sahirh
Have you seen the removal instructions on a page like symantecs etc ? They usually give good info..

I don't know what are good A/V products for Novell though..

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
19 years 7 months ago #4980 by apit
in your opinion, should we block certain2 port on router/switches ?
i read some articles that suggest to block port 135 to stop the virus
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds