Skip to main content

Craigslist Scam (failed attempt)

More
12 years 10 months ago #37103 by Nevins
I applied to a local Craigslist ad for "Teir 1 helpdesk" in hopes of getting a job.

Hi. Got your reply regarding our JOB based advertisement which was published morning we have got 23 candidates resumes for your post,,,,,,,,,,and glad to have you soon as our employee,,,,,,,,,

In the first round we have to confirm your mobile or your landline number which was a automated process

Second round will be interviewing through your corresponding phone number to check your performance and then you will be given a token number and TIME allotted to you to attend interview in our office,,,,,,,,

This will reduce the waste of time for both side

we have a phone code system which we can use for this. If you are still interested, here is how it will work.

Reply to this email and leave us a phone number (with area code) that you can be reached at. Let us know if you would rather get text message or a phone call. Shortly afterwards you will get a text message or an automated phone call from CraigsList which will give you a 4 or 5 digit code.

After you get it, immediately email us back with the code they gave you and your full phone number again. (Your code needs to be checked within 20 minutes after you get it or it expires and can not be used.)

we'll check everyone's codes and the person who received the correct one will be called by our office staff and given the token with the time of interview .

PS: When you get the automated call or text message, it'll say not to give your code out to anyone because of scams, etc. Simply disregard that message for this. That's meant to help protect someone's account info when they sign up for a free Craigslist account. Here we are just using the system to generate codes for this giveaway, and not actually signing up for an account.

This will cause both side good….. wasting of time will be eliminated and we could confirm you were really interested in seeking job

This was my reply:

Hello Lisa,

Honestly your process has me worried. When a text message on your phone says "do not give this out" because of scams, I tend to trust the phone especially when there is mention of a "giveaway". As a network administrator I would not be very good to you if I simply fell into taking orders when logical fallacy issues like the one here present themselves. Give me an address and I'll make a non-interview appearance at your offices and ring my phone up with another cell phone of mine in front of a secretary.

Cautiously and Happily awaiting a response,

Jeff Hisson

P.S. I am really interested in a helpdesk position but your English is horrid and I think you are trying to set up a verified Craigslist account with my number. (not going to happen)

Later I did the research and found this:
forums.redflagdeals.com/craigslist-telephone-scam-833875/

As if finding a job wasn't hard enough already....

Useful Threads
================================
www.firewall.cx/forum/2-basic-concepts/3...e-resource-page.html
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds