Skip to main content

NAT in Packet Tracer

More
13 years 7 months ago #35496 by prusso69
Hello,

In Packet Tracer:

I have an issue with some of my LAN's Private IP's not converting to a Public IP when it passes through the NAT router. Only the LAN directly connected to the NAT router will have it's IP addresses converted to a Public address. I'm using a Pool rather than the outside interface. I can send the file if needed. I feel I have the configuration correct but I just can't seem to find where the problem resides. I can ping everywhere and have a Frame Relay WAN connecting the city Routers.

Thanks!!
More
13 years 7 months ago #35500 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: NAT in Packet Tracer
You might have forgot to include the other LANs ranges in the access list for NAT.

It would help if you could post that pkt file. You can upload here: www.2shared.com/

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
13 years 7 months ago #35501 by prusso69
Replied by prusso69 on topic Re: NAT in Packet Tracer
Hello Solo,

I did add the other LAN's into my access list... I am for a loss.. I really appreciate you looking at the file.

The file is uploaded.

File Name: Case Study 1.0

Thanks!!!

Paul
More
13 years 7 months ago #35502 by prusso69
More
13 years 7 months ago #35503 by prusso69
Solo,

A little more info for you.

The DTW router is the NAT router for the whole network. The LAN's CHI,LAX and ATL are the ones with the NATing issue and are not pulling an address from the natpool. The DTW LAN works as expected and is pulling an address from the natpool. The DNS and the web server are using STATIC NAT which seems to work as expected.

The public network is 199.199.199.16/29

thanks!
More
13 years 7 months ago #35504 by prusso69
passwords for routers are

cisco then class
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds