Skip to main content

equally sharing of bandwidth

More
13 years 8 months ago #35306 by biswajit
Hi
I want to implement the equally distribution of bandwidth among the connected stations with the access point .Suppose if the router's bandwidth is 100kbps and four stations are connected then each should get maxmimum of 25kbps.The distribution of bandwidth should be depend on number of stations connected with the router.
I am having linux-2.6.29
iptables-1.3.8
I tried to implement by using tc command and iptable .But did nt work for me.so if any body having solution for this please help me

thanks & regards
Biswajit

thanks & Regards
Biswajit
More
13 years 5 months ago #35798 by Chojin
I'm not sure why you would want to have such a setup to share the bandwidth.

I think it is more prefered to have a guaranteed bandwidth sharing and a best effort for the remaining clients.

The easiest way I can think of i using QoS, using policies on your switch/routers to give a guaranteed bw to each client.

When you add a client, you have to alter your config again, I'm not familiar of any automatic config to make this happen.

CCNA / CCNP / CCNA - Security / CCIP / Prince2 / Checkpoint CCSA
More
13 years 4 months ago #35829 by Losh
QoS is your best option here but if you dont want to use it, you can configure an ACL and use the 'rate-limit' command under the interface configuration mode to limit bandwidth through that interface

~ Networking :- Just when u think its starting to make sense......... ~