Skip to main content

Load Balancing ASA

More
13 years 11 months ago #34670 by JamieP
Load Balancing ASA was created by JamieP
Hi,

I need to configure two ASA's as gateways, i know you can configure them as a HA pair with active/standby. But can you configure them to load balance accross both ASA's

Jamie Parks
Network Engineer, UK
More
13 years 11 months ago #34684 by skepticals
Replied by skepticals on topic Re: Load Balancing ASA
Yes, you can do an active/active pair; however, you can't if you have remote access VPNs. I do; so I have to go the active/stanby route.
More
13 years 11 months ago #34685 by skepticals
Yes, you can do an active/active pair; however, you can't if you have remote access VPNs. I do; so I have to go the active/stanby route.
More
13 years 11 months ago #34694 by JamieP
Replied by JamieP on topic Re: Load Balancing ASA
thanks for the reply skepticals

I have one pair of ASA's as a firewall only, there are no VPN's setup on them. We have another pair of ASA's for that in the DMZ.

The firewall ASA's are our edge gateways and connect directly to our ISP. Will the inside interfaces of the pair have the same IP (as it does in active/standby) which i can point a default route too, or will they have seperate IP's and i need to load balance routers before the ASA's?

thanks for the help!

Jamie Parks
Network Engineer, UK
More
13 years 11 months ago #34701 by skepticals
I'm no expert at this, but both ASAs will share an IP address (at least with active/standby) and they communicate through the management interfaces on a different VLAN.

There is actually a great failover wizard that will walk you through everything in the ASDM.
More
13 years 11 months ago #34703 by JamieP
Replied by JamieP on topic Re: Load Balancing ASA
Thanks for the info, i've only ever managed ASA's that are already setup, so when we get our new ones in will have to just have a play!!

Jamie Parks
Network Engineer, UK
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds