Skip to main content

webvpn and remote IPSec vpn on a single ASA devive

More
14 years 1 month ago #33835 by jhun
Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to have both webvpn (Clientless vpn) and remote IPSec vpn running on the same ASA device.

Currently, I have an ASA 5510 having the following vpn services:

- Site-to-Site VPN (IPSec)
- Clientless VPN (SSL)

I would like to add a remote IPSec VPN implementation since the webvpn has a limit of 2 connections (unless you increase that and buy additional licenses to Cisco). Since IPsec has 250 connections, it is more cost-effective to take that route instead.

Any help, pointers, config guides would be very much appreciated.

By the way, I tried making another tunnel-group and making that as the remote IPsec, however when I applied it to the outside interface, my L2L VPN went down.

Thanks
More
14 years 1 month ago #33837 by jhun
Hi,

just to answer my queries above. Yes it is possible. If you have existing VPNs already configured and have a crypto map already assigned to an interface, the best thing to do is create an unused policy number of the existing crypto map and set your parameters there. it would be automatically applied to the outside interface and instantly enabling the service.

i will post more detailed explanation on the next post.

thanks
More
13 years 3 months ago #36099 by joseph125
huy guyss,,,,,
As well, you are looking to set up a Remote Access VPN in ASA parlance.
Site-to-site is from ASA to ASA (or compatible IPsec device). ... I'd much prefer my Windows DHCP server
to provide the addressing so there is a single scope. ...
but it's still an encrypted VPN tunnel?
What does the WebVPN do? ... :D :D :D

joseph
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds