Skip to main content

programming language security

More
14 years 2 months ago #33744 by sose
please I want pogrammers in the house to confirm this for us that:

applications and OSs built with C/C++ are less secure than that built with java and C#

my respect to the house
sose
More
14 years 2 months ago #33746 by Nevins
VBx, Java and C# programs are easily decompiled. On the other hand C/C++ while they are just as easy to use a decompiling/parsing program on them require you to analyze the results for yourself and piece the code together.

To be honest however thats a pretty broad generalization. A Java program can be the same as C# or C/C++ based on the power of the particular decompiler you use. On the other hand security also depends a great deal on the type of code being created. I'm not a program security expert but I do know that the main problem programs have with creating secure code is no matter what the code is being ran on a machine that is not the same as it's being developed on.

Simply put
VBx < or = or > Java < or = or > C# < or = or > C++
(based on the effort the programmer uses to secure the code and the power of the decompiler used)

Useful Threads
================================
www.firewall.cx/forum/2-basic-concepts/3...e-resource-page.html
More
14 years 1 month ago #34243 by sose
ok nevins read the statement below may be it will make you say what you have said in a different way.

Java language is written tightly to avoid malicious intent, because when you have a java applet executed in an environment there is going to be what we call a sandbox environment created, that is that applet is going to be restricted to the resources within a certain limitation of that environment, unlike some other programming languages that will allow control over a whole device once it is being executed in a particular environment. C and C++ have out-of-date memory management capability and technically speaking, C and C++ are "unsafe" languages because the seething sea of bits can be referenced, manipulated, cast, and moved around by the programmer with impunity. More advanced languages, including Java and C#, are "type safe" and are for this reason much preferred from a security perspective.
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds