Skip to main content

Help with Setting up NAT correctly.

More
15 years 2 months ago #29282 by timparker
Well, the agency that I work for now, has 3 Watchguard SOHO 6tc's in play at the moment. They are all naturally old and EOL'd. They bought at one point 3 Cisco Pix 515e's but then realized they had no one that understotood them and how to configure them.

When I got here in April of last year, I found them in a storage area and asked my Boss about them, he said "you know how to configure them?"

We were able to get the Cisco gear through a 3rd Party non-profit supplier so we did so that we can get a better infrastructure in the works.

I had a similar thought but I think yours is much more elegant and covers everything at once. I was going to add persistant routes to the servers for the initial testing and until I can get the 2 871 Routers in place and working. Adding it to the Watchguard though would be simpler.
More
15 years 2 months ago #29283 by Smurf

We were able to get the Cisco gear through a 3rd Party non-profit supplier so we did so that we can get a better infrastructure in the works.

Hmm, the WatchGuards are actually very good with loads of functionality. The Soho 6's are end of life and have been replaced by the small WatchGuard Edge Fireboxes which are for SOHO implementations, the Core/Peak models are for proper business installations (equivalent to Pix 515/525/535). Configuration of the Edge and Core/Peaks are completely different as the Edge is slightly cut down version of the other 2 models.

Anyhow, enjoy messing around with the Cisco's ;-)

Whats the Cisco Routers for ? Guessing you are planning on replacing the WatchGuard/DSL Router with the Cisco Router ?

Wayne

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
15 years 2 months ago #29284 by timparker
Yeah, we figured that each satelite office will get an 871 for the site to site vpn adn allow me to control what comes in and out of there for the most part.

I just found out that I might be adding another office in about 3-6 months I am guessing, so I haven't even really finished the last one and time to start planning a new one.

I think cost played a part in going to Cisco, which sounds funny to say. But our provider of software and hardware has Cisco equipment and isn't a partner with Watchguard.

I tried installing the first 871 in place of a watchguard and failed bad on Saturday. Couldn't get it to allow me to surf out. I was (like an idiot) trying to replace it straight up (same IP) so I was offline and couldn't really see much. I have given it a different IP and will cable it up so that I can use both at the same time.
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds