Skip to main content

How to connect PIX Ethernet Interface with PC NIC

More
15 years 11 months ago #26365 by sulu
I have connected a computer to my Pix firewall through console cable and now i m trying to connect the same computer's NIC with Pix ethernet so that i can upload np63.bin file on pix. Problem is that when i connect the Pix Ethernet Interface with my PC interface card it show connectivity(NIC icon on pc show cable is plugged) but the pc NIC status shows only the sending bytes and 0 receiving bytes also both Ethernet Interface don't ping each other tell me what could be the issue i tried both through Data switch and directly connected but same result in both case
More
15 years 11 months ago #26368 by Elohim
Which pix?

I have connected a computer to my Pix firewall through console cable and now i m trying to connect the same computer's NIC with Pix ethernet so that i can upload np63.bin file on pix. Problem is that when i connect the Pix Ethernet Interface with my PC interface card it show connectivity(NIC icon on pc show cable is plugged) but the pc NIC status shows only the sending bytes and 0 receiving bytes also both Ethernet Interface don't ping each other tell me what could be the issue i tried both through Data switch and directly connected but same result in both case

More
15 years 11 months ago #26369 by skepticals
Did you make sure the port on the PIX is not shutdown?
More
15 years 11 months ago #26371 by sp1k3tou
Here is a dumb question. Did you assign an ip address to the pc and the correct vlan to the pix?
More
15 years 11 months ago #26376 by S0lo
I'm not sure about the symptoms, but I'd check the following:

1. Cable ends not crimped properly.
2. IP/Mask on one or both sides not set properly
3. As skepticals said, make sure the port on PIX is not shut down.
4. You might need a crossover cable if you don't use a switch and your NIC on your PC side is old, hence does not auto-detect cable type.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds