Skip to main content

The 'Introduction to Security' article is now online

More
20 years 4 months ago #2119 by sahirh
You may have caught this on the homepage, but in case you didn't..

We've put up an article dealing with network security. A lot of it tries to answer common questions that are asked in the forums.

In true Firewall.cx style, we've tried to explain things in a simple uncomplicated manner (hopefully thats worked !!) and while the article may start with security rom the basics, there are a lot of goodies in there for advanced security people as well.

If security is your bag, please give it a read and post your observations and comments here. I'd be very interested in knowing what sort of topics you'd like to see covered.. by giving us your feedback we can mould the content of the site to what you want to see most.

Finally, here's the link :
www.firewall.cx/articles-network-security.php

Hope you guys find the information useful.

Cheers,

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 4 months ago #2122 by Neon
nnbnbnnbnbVery nice article sahirh...

I personally like reading security articles, no matter what level of the audience they are directed to, it’s good to always refresh your memory about security.

It's good how you included some tools of the trade, as some security articles I have read say people can do it but nothing about what they use to do it.

Also in the area about 'The Threat to Home Users' when you talk about owned system using DoS attacks, a very good article (That I'm sure you have read) is from grc.com "Attacks Against GRC.COM" grc.com/dos/grcdos.htm . Very good article that goes in to what DoS attacks are really about and how they can effect a business not to mention the new DRDoS attacks grc.com/dos/drdos.htm

All up I give the article a 10 of 10,

Very clean with lots of security references and tools, as you said you need to know how to do it to protect it!
More
20 years 4 months ago #2123 by sahirh
Thanks Neon,
Im just gonna have a look at the paper from GRC.com that you pointed it me to.
I think I've included GRC.com in my section on where to find more information, its a good site.. That Gibson guy really hates microsoft eh ? :)

Anyway its 4:26AM here.. I'm breaking a firewall.cx record I think....

Cheers,

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds