Skip to main content

I need to increase my Downloading speed on my LAN...!

More
17 years 3 months ago #19220 by Abraham
I'm a Home User and using Internet through Residential Gateway, My System Administrator restricted me at the downloading speed of 4 KB/s, eventhough he has the bandwidth of above 4 MB/s. My PC is the part of DOMAIN and my system administrator given me the ID & Password to logon in the DOMAIN, without logon to domain, i'm not allowed to use an internet...! So please help me, Is there any way to bypass this restriction or increase my downloading speed? I'm paying so much amount to use this Internet because he's the only cable internet operator in our town that's why he's so rude and cruel!! I hope you people help me and my friend Chris i'm seeing hope in you too.... Please do help!!!
More
17 years 3 months ago #19221 by DaLight
4 KB/s. That's a bit stingy! To quote an ancient Chinese proverb, "He who controls the gateway has all the power".

I'm afraid that the only way of increasing your throughput speed is to persuade your operator or pray that another operator comes to your town.
More
17 years 3 months ago #19235 by ZiPPy
Wow, that is aweful. Is there any particular reason why he's only giving you 4KB/s? As far as getting around the restriction, I don't think you can. I would suggest something simple such as the download accelerator that firefox has to offer, which basically opens multiple connection which increases the download up to 400%. But then again at 4KB/s I don't think thats really going to help you.

Link for the add-on: addons.mozilla.org/firefox/201/

I would try to reason with your admin, and maybe he can give you a bit more bandwidth and then you could use the add-on to help with your downloads. Good luck bud!

ZiPPy
More
17 years 3 months ago #19415 by Lindows
Replied by Lindows on topic wow
I can't believe my eye's 4K. What happen, does the admin use the majority of the bandwidth for their personal pleasure. Let me guess, YOUTUBE!
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds