Skip to main content

Trying to find good routers and firewalls

More
17 years 5 months ago #17997 by tfs
I am looking into some different routers and firewalls to replace what we have at our office. We don't have a large budget but we don't want to put problem devices in either. We have had plenty of problems with Netgear. I like Linksys for my home and non critical networks.

We are using Checkpoint for our border firewall/router on one of our DSL lines and have an Asus Firewall for our other DSL line.

I don't necessarily want to get Cisco (although I am looking at them also). I am not thrilled with their position on used equipment. If you buy a used router - you also need to license the OS through them as the OS is not transferable.

I am trying to get opinions on other possibilities. Zywall 2 was suggested and looks interesting. I did see someone on the net who said they had lots of problems with it.

I am looking for a small to midsize router and firewall.

Thanks,

Tom
More
17 years 4 months ago #18678 by buulam
I like the Juniper low-mid range of firewalls. Depending on your size a 5GT or a SSG 20 or 140 could do the trick

or have you looked into the Sonicwall Pro series? (you might want to stay away from anything lower than the pro series and be sure to get the Enhanced OS)
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds