Skip to main content

stoping laptop users

More
17 years 8 months ago #16839 by Smurf
Replied by Smurf on topic Re: stoping laptop users

..... shove it because they are violating corporate security policies.

Hehe, providing there is a security policy. Around 60% of organisations dont actually have one, we being one of them which is soon to change which i am sure will cheese a lot of people off when i have wrote it :)

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
17 years 8 months ago #16863 by monsky
Replied by monsky on topic Re: stoping laptop users

so all i did was use a server as the gateway, set up my proxy reports, and actually show each and everyone individually what they did, when they did, and for how long!!!
that shut them up

hey arani, what machines and OS'es did you use? just want to have something to compare with. i have squid, dansguardian, in FC4 :D

cheers.
More
17 years 8 months ago #16873 by Starfire
Replied by Starfire on topic Re: stoping laptop users
Never ceases to amaze me why they think they are anonymous.
We used to have quite a strict policy for internet use but I actually fought to lessen it on the grounds that, although they wern't looking up work related material, at least they were learning how to find things which would be of use when they did need the internet for something work related.

However, theres always a few that believe they are invisible. I found the best way was just to turn up at their desk and have a little chat along the lines of "pack it in or you'll be filling in a McDonalds application form this afternoon". That usually works without all the fuss of inter-departmental meetings.

Some of the things they bring down you wonder that if they are into that sort of thing, why do it at work ??? /boggle.
That doesn't apply to the guy with all the child pics I once found..... Straight to the police with that guy... hope he rots.
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds