Skip to main content

Penetration Testing - Tools Of The Trade

More
20 years 6 months ago #1546 by Chris
Excellent links!

I just checked a few of them out and there is plently of good information in them.

Did someone say something about a diagram ? :)

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
20 years 6 months ago #1557 by sahirh
Hehe the diagram king returns with a new nickname I see !
If I scribble up a couple of security articles Chris you'll have to do your neat little pictures with 'attacker' and 'victim' etc hehe. Btw what do you use for the graphics ?

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 4 months ago #2053 by huliyar
Hi,

I read the article on PEN TEST- Tools of the trade. I was quite a good stuff. Is it possible for you to given any one detailed report about penetration test you have done before. I think this will be very useful. This way we will know how to start and also approximately how to proceed with it.
More
20 years 4 months ago #2054 by sahirh
Hi huliyar, I'm assuming you're asking for a sample of a penetration test report. Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to provide a real report (I am bound by non-disclosure agreements in most cases, and in the others it would be unethical), but I could give you a template of how it is generally divided.

However we've more or less completed an Introduction to Security article which has a section on penetration testing (a lot of it from this post) but it also has a walkthrough of an attack on a network. This would be very similar to how a pen-test would be conducted and deals with the methodology behind how an attacker would work.

As far as a sample report goes, lets see maybe I'll put together something small, a fictional report for a small network with a couple of security holes. I assume you basically want to know how to go about attacking your own network as well as how to present the results in an orthodox fashion right ?

Also make sure you read the papers I've mentioned in the post, they do far more justice to the topic than I could hope to do. The SANS.org papers are really top notch.

Cheers

Sahir Hidayatullah.
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 4 months ago #2055 by huliyar
Hi,

Waiting eagerly for the Introduction to Security article.

Thank you
More
20 years 4 months ago #2117 by sahirh
Its up :)
Here ya go :
www.firewall.cx/articles-network-security.php

Drop us some feedback, I'm very keen on how you guys like it.

Sahir Hidayatullah.
tftfotw.blogspot.com
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds