Skip to main content

Cisco VPN client exploit

More
18 years 5 months ago #11302 by rahulpathania
Yeah...!!! That's right and the world knows it that NO ONE CAN BEAT CISCO... Specially their TAC Support is awesome...!!! Now don't talk about Cisco IOS passwords... i just condiser them to be the level 1 hurdle in hacking a n/w... and remember... there are miles to go before you sleep...!!!

Rahul Pathania
More
18 years 5 months ago #11307 by jbruijntjes
Replied by jbruijntjes on topic thing further
Thats why I always use some kind of RADIUS to authenticate my VPN Clients at phase1..

AAA on Cisco
XAAUTH on Juniper Netscreen

Just basic policy file is weak..

"Los Angeles, year 2029. All stealth bombers are upgraded with neural processors, becoming fully unmanned. One of them, Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. eastern time, August 29.
More
18 years 5 months ago #11310 by jwj
Replied by jwj on topic Re: Cisco VPN client exploit
Cisco tech support is the best out there hands down. Still, this type of exploit is kind of negligent on Cisco's part.

-Jeremy-
More
18 years 5 months ago #11313 by tiamat
Replied by tiamat on topic Re: Cisco VPN client exploit
I hardly consider this an exploit. It's not a bug in their code that someone can 'exploit'. It's just a weak algorithm that still requires you to have access to their profile in order to decrypt. It's no worse than their level 7 password encryption that someone already mentioned, and there have been password decrypters for those for ages (and Cisco still hasn't fixed or removed those style of passwords so I wouldn't count on a fix for this anytime soon).
More
18 years 5 months ago #11319 by jwj
Replied by jwj on topic Re: Cisco VPN client exploit
Yeah, that's why I consider it negligent.

-Jeremy-
More
18 years 5 months ago #11321 by tiamat
Replied by tiamat on topic Re: Cisco VPN client exploit
I agree that it's not a good practice for Cisco to be using weak encryption algorithms.
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds