Skip to main content

IpCop help

More
18 years 7 months ago #10310 by stanyo
Replied by stanyo on topic Re: IpCop help
I continue to search for any solution and discover this :

l7-filter.sourceforge.net/

l7-filter can identify p2p-Traffic like Bittorrent, eDonkey and so on, and block it.
Any experience ?
More
18 years 7 months ago #10311 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: IpCop help
As with CBQ and HTB, you will need to make some modifications and patch your IPCOP in order for this to work. I have not personally used it but from the info pages it seems that it will definitely do the job.

The situation is this. You will not be able to achieve what you want without making modifications to your IPCOP's kernel and/or installing additional programs. This in itself could create unknown security risks.

However, I will keep on looking for a solution and if you find anything please post back to the thread as I am interested to see how you get on.
More
18 years 7 months ago #10399 by apit
Replied by apit on topic Re: IpCop help
i've some question, what is the limit of user than IPcop can handle?
or it depends on the hardware?
More
18 years 7 months ago #10414 by DaLight
As long as your hardware is fairly generous:
    CPU: Pentium III and upwards
    HD: 2 GB - no web-caching, 5GB and upwards if you're using web-caching
    RAM: 256 MB and upwards

The above is very generous for IPCOP. For example, I installed it on a 486DX2 50 with 32MB of RAM and a 600MB hard disk, and it ran perfectly. The hardware only showed its age whenever I used the Web Admin features.

I think you will most likely encounter problems with bandwidth before you hit any software/hardware limitations.
More
18 years 7 months ago #10417 by TheHarlequin
Replied by TheHarlequin on topic Re: IpCop help
funny thing, though, with my ipcop box @ 192MB, the system is showing :

19.88% free
27.12% cached
30.97% buffered
0% shared
22.03% used

it may be the source of the firewall crashing (which it does, after a while), without being 100% certain.
More
18 years 7 months ago #10418 by DaLight
TheHarlequin, my main IPCOP box only has 128MB and has similar percentages. Your IPCOP will use as much memory as it finds is available. I don't think your figures are a cause for concern.
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds