Skip to main content

Help! by pass proxy, firewall (Yahoo Messenger)

More
18 years 8 months ago #10013 by daimous
HI! my computer is in a network that has proxy and Firewall and im sure that they block the Yahoo Messenger..but one of my colleagues was able to login in his YM..then when i try to sneak to his computer to see his configuration. Da**! he use 'no proxies' in Yahoo Messenger(YM) and we have both the same configuration in Internet Configuration. Can anobody tell me what are the posible cuase/s why I cant login using in my YM but one of my colleagues can. by the way, both of us(My Colleagues) is under the same network. thanks in advance!!!
More
18 years 8 months ago #10016 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Yahoo
It's possible that the proxy and firewall might have been opened to permit him but not to permit you. You'd have to ask whoever adminsthers the network to check. Another possibility is different configuration on his machine to that on yours. If you are running XP service pack 2 then check your built-in firewall settings
More
18 years 8 months ago #10025 by Tarun
I guess they have roaming profiles so the restrictions apply to your ID's that you use to login not the specific computers.

So even if you log on your friends computer with your ID you still will not be able to access things which you are not allowed to, & inversely if your friend logs onto your computer he would still be able to use YM :wink:

..then when i try to sneak to his computer to see his configuration. Da**! he use 'no proxies' in Yahoo Messenger(YM) and we have both the same configuration in Internet Configuration

Why would he have proxies under YM on the first place have they configured every computer on the network with these settings, if they have a big network i would expect them to apply those settings on a PDC & then let it take control of the network.

Next would be SP (Service Provider)
CCNA, CCNP (Switching), CCIE#20640
More
18 years 8 months ago #10026 by daimous
More
18 years 8 months ago #10048 by daimous

So even if you log on your friends computer with your ID you still will not be able to access things which you are not allowed to, & inversely if your friend logs onto your computer he would still be able to use YM :wink:

When i try to use his account in my computer, becuase i know his password, and try to login to my YM I cant still login and have the same problem.

I think our firewall/proxy allows any packets from his IP addres so the restriction is in the IP address not in the ID's...what do you think?

So, is there any way for me to log on to my YM? I have this idea that cross in my mind but i dont know if this will work..here it goes..How about making his computer to be a server of *something* and point my YM Proxy Setting to his computer in such a way when i try to request or login to my YM the source IP would be his IP not mine in this way the proxy/firewall will allow the request since the source IP is His IP..is it posible? i hope you get my point. tnx! in advance!
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds