Skip to main content

Sonicwall Tele3 site to site VPN

More
19 years 4 months ago #6640 by skipster
Hi all

I have setup a site to site VPN using a TZ 170 and a Tele3 sonicwall. The Site to Site is running in aggressive mode becuse the network that has the TELE3 is running a cable modem and is a DHCP client. The site to site is up and running, but now i have to connect a Linksys wireless router to the TELE 3 so users in the house can use wireless access. The Linksys is a WRT54G, and it is running in NAT mode.

I want to know if i am on the right track here with my thought process on this.

I will uplink the linksys to the TELE3, give the linksys a static WAN ip address i.e 192.168.168.3/24 that is in the same range as the TELE3's LAN interface, and subnet mask. Then assign a static ip address to the linksys LAN interface i.e 192.168.0.1 /24. Turn off all NAT on the linksys, so that i am not doing any double NATING. If wireless laptops can get an ip from the linksys DHCP, and if DNS is setup correctly i should be able to get out to the net?

thanks for any help

Skip
More
19 years 4 months ago #6673 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic vpn
It sounds feasible as long as your routing is right. For example, the Linksys will need to have its default gateway set as the address of the Tele3. And the Tele3 will need some sort of static route entry to tell it there is another network behind the Linksys
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds