Skip to main content

Help with Supernetting

More
19 years 6 months ago #5995 by Shazza1
Hi guys/gals, I'm in the process of trying to set up Supernetting/CIDR on a computer network using Red Hat Linux 9. At the moment there are about 10 PC's running RH acting as routers, which have another 3-4 Host PC's off each router running Knoppix Linux on CD. At present the routers have IP addresses of 10.1.1.1, 10.2.2.1, 10.3.3.1 and so on.

I was wondering how I would go about implementing/changing the setup to make use of supernetting. I know how to work out a supernet mask etc, there is plenty of info on the web about that. But there doesnt seem to be much info on how to set up the changes and implement supernetting on a network etc.

I am going to program the router machines using zebra, so i guess any info here would also help.

I've searched on google for hours and hours, but there is only theory explanations, nothing about how to implement it etc. Any help in this area would be appreciated. Let me know if you need more info, or can help.
Thanks

ps, I must say the tutorial on this website on supernetting has helped me grealty, but im still confused on how to go about setting it up.
More
19 years 6 months ago #5996 by Shazza1
Replied by Shazza1 on topic Re: Help with Supernetting
I should of also stated that I intend on using OSPF with Zebra to do the routing.

If I assigned the routers/host pcs with their IP addresses as I mentioned earlier, and then used the supernet mask which I calculated, is there anything else that needs to be done?
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds