Skip to main content

How to config IIS 5.1 with DynDNS?

More
19 years 6 months ago #5799 by oldstudent
Hi all!

I've installed IIS 5.1 on my computer ( WinXP Pro, DLS internet connection). And, I've run DynDNS client, upate my IP correctly. I can browse my site on localhost. But I cannot access my site by the host which was registered in DynDNS!!!

Pls help me to config IIS correctly in order to I can public my site to Internet...

Needing help!
Thanks,

Never late to begin
More
19 years 6 months ago #5808 by Bionicthumb
Where is the problem?

Can you access your computer via the internet at all using the DynDNS name? Does it say "Under Construction"?

Is the DynDNS name pointing to your WAN IP address? If it is then you may check your router/firewall configuration. Is it allowing port 80 traffic to your web server?

Please describe your problem in more detail.
More
19 years 6 months ago #5820 by oldstudent
Hi Bionicthumb,

If the IE shows:" Under construction" , that means I was successful! The message was " Cannot find server".

But, I can make it be ok now! :D As your advise, I had checked firewall, and router traffic. The problem was my router didn't forward to my PC.

Configuration of router and firewall of DLS to public website has become the most popular problem nowaday. Can someone give a tutorial, and pin it as an archive? I think, that may be useful for everybody.

Thanks for your helpful reply!

Never late to begin
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds