Skip to main content

NAT and Frame relay, can they work together?

More
19 years 6 months ago #5657 by kevinbroga
Could someone tell me if anyway possible for NAT and frame relay and work on the same router. If they can, what kind of syntax do you need to put on the router for it to work correctly.

Thanks
Kevin
More
19 years 5 months ago #6178 by UHSsncmrm
Don't quite understand your question, nat is a global config and FR is a Serial Int config, please clarify, they do work together.

A scapegoat is often as welcome as a solution...never memorize what you can look up.
More
19 years 5 months ago #6193 by kevinbroga
we did get it to work perfectly for our case study we have been donig
More
19 years 4 months ago #6482 by tsunami
am sorry, from my experience on handling Cisco Routers, i dont think theres a command for that

(config-subif)# ip add 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.0
(config-subif)# ip nat inside
not supported.

we just cant mark the interface for the nat inside or nat outside.
more over as per my knowledge NAT is more suitable for STUB networks and not for multipoint networks

correct me if am wrong

with regards
tsunami
More
19 years 4 months ago #6539 by UHSsncmrm
NAT can be implemented for a number of reasons....on a VPN concentrator to translate publics to privates....To allow vendors to come in on private WAN and not need to add their network space to your core configs....to allow nodes on WAN to use local IP sceme and NAT to your NATIVE IP for security (to pass ACLs.)...to segment LAN and allow access to/from only a few machines to other segments without VLANing in the absence of a layer3 device or dot1q capable IOS.

So you can see that STUB routing isn't the only implementation, there are many creative reasons.

A scapegoat is often as welcome as a solution...never memorize what you can look up.
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds