Skip to main content

Assign DHCP pool to a router subinterface

More
19 years 6 months ago #5570 by kevinbroga
We can created two DHCP pools. How do you assign a specific pool to a interface so that each interface has it's own DHCP pool?
More
19 years 6 months ago #5576 by FallenZer0

We can created two DHCP pools. How do you assign a specific pool to a interface so that each interface has it's own DHCP pool?

--I'm not sure if I understood your post. Are you using a router as a DHCP server and I'm assuming Cisco here and would like to assign a pool of IP addresses to serve DHCP clients on one network and assign a different pool of IP addresses to serve DHCP clients on another network?

If this is what you are trying to accomplish, please check the below link. I hope it helps you.

www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product.../1cfdhcp.htm#xtocid7

-There Is A Foolish Corner In The Brain Of The Wisest Man- Aristotle
More
19 years 6 months ago #5581 by Chris
Good question!

I was also wondering if you're talking about a router or some other type of server and then read carefully the post subject which clearly notes a router subinterface.

The URL Fallenzero has provided, is excatly what you require to answer your question. While the document dosen't tell you how you can assign different pools to interfaces or subinterface's, you can figure it out quite easily if you make the following logical assumption:

You've created two pools:

1) 192.168.0.0
2) 10.0.0.0

You also have two interfaces, e1 and e2- e1 requires the first pool and e2 the second. Assuming you have configured e1 with an IP address within the first pool's range (e.g 192.168.1) and e2 with (10.0.0.1), then any requests sent on their network will result in assigning IP addresses from the pool they belong to.

So, create your pools, assing each interface/subinterface their IP address and they should start giving out IP addresses from the pool's network they belong to!

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds