Skip to main content

snmp MIB browser

More
19 years 7 months ago #4884 by nske
snmp MIB browser was created by nske
Hello,

I own Intracom JetSpeed 500i (one of the less reliable dsl routers around in Greece). Besides the many stability issues that appear now and then, recently there has been a very persistant problem that prohibits me from setting NAT rules. Once I try to modify the port forwarding table, the web admin interface returns "webserver:Error adding NAT reserved mapping pool item0". There is not telnet admin. I tried to reset the configuration to factory defaults and flash a different firmware, but the problem persists no matter what. I thought -if possible- there might be some left-overs at the MIB that cause the problem for one reason or an other. Does anyone know of some decent program -preferably for linux- that will allow me to browse, search and edit the router's MIB via SNMP? -fortunatelly, it is supported :P -

Thank you

PS. Of course any other ideas about the problem are most welcome :D
More
19 years 7 months ago #4885 by senior
Replied by senior on topic Re: snmp MIB browser
More
19 years 7 months ago #4886 by nske
Replied by nske on topic Re: snmp MIB browser
Great program, I begin to like java :D

The problem is I still don't find a way to write back my values directly to the mib
More
19 years 7 months ago #4896 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: snmp MIB browser
Nske,

I've had problems with those silly jetspeeds in the past, but in most cases, a firmware upgrade did the job.

I remember finding a greek website that had some pretty good forums on greece's DSL and their problems, but I can't find the darn url for it. Have you tired searching on google for similar problems?

p.s if it refuses to work, just give it the hammer treatment :)

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
19 years 7 months ago #4897 by nske
Replied by nske on topic Re: snmp MIB browser
yes I did search, but since jetspeed isn't exactly popular worldwide I've come up with results for other devices with the same software (it's not intracom's development).. But in all of the cases the router had either telnet admin or a serial port that allowed connecton via hyper terminal and the issue was resolved. In some cases i.e. you were seeing existing entries through the cli that weren't showing from the web admin.. and you could erase them just fine. That's why I thought it may be that some entries (i.e. item0) still exist and other entries can not be written in their places untill they are erased.

I haven't tried hammer treatment but punch-treatment had fixed an other problem of the modem in the past -leds dead, no signal of life- :D

For the time being I am trying to set up a "Fritz card DSL SL USB" modem I have.. though it's a little mess in linux with the capi drivers and all the info are in german :(

PS. If you meant adslgr.com, I've looked there
More
17 years 3 months ago #19538 by networksoftware
Hi, I noticed that you were saying earlier that you need a tool that will also let you modify the mibs on the device. Check out OidView MIB Browser at www.oidview.com - it will not only let you modify the mib but also will automatically determine which mibs are running on the device and get them for you.
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds