Skip to main content

Creating server

More
19 years 9 months ago #4419 by Zeero
Creating server was created by Zeero
Hello i would like to knew if i can create game server on the way that the firewall it is turned on, that can other peoples conect on my server
and play games like CS or Wolfenstein.
Have a nice day

Never give ip!!
More
19 years 9 months ago #4422 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: Creating server
If you want other people to be able to connect, you'll have to do a couple of things:

First make sure you dont have a NAT'ed private IP (192.168, 172.16, 10.x).. if you do, then bad luck mate..

Secondly, you will have to open the games ports on the firewall... if you visit the game developers site they will usually have some support on what ports need to be open to make the game run.

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
19 years 9 months ago #4499 by apit
Replied by apit on topic Re: Creating server
i always read about open and close port..
how can we do that?
More
19 years 7 months ago #5242 by jhun
Replied by jhun on topic Re: Creating server
well basically, as to my understanding, ports are like doors. the more doors you have, the most likely someone may enter thru that door either wanted or unwanted guess. Ports are opennings that allow packets to enter and leave based on their process. There are ports that are very important and there are those that are mostly compromise. These are the ports that should be given attention to prevent any form of attack that could take place.

If you have a firewall, you can open/close ports to allow/disallow certain types of services that uses those port for access. In this way, you are able to secure your box (or network) from any attack from the outside world.
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds