Skip to main content

Outlook Web Access without tears

More
19 years 9 months ago #4364 by Rowenna
I have a Win2K3 network protected by a Cisco 837 broadband router. My users want OWA so that the sales guys can get their email remotely. However, as I don't want to start opening ports in the 837, I'm wondering if I can get round this by adding a DMZ, and if I can get away with this without significantly changing the network (and having to buy lots of expensive stuff I know you get what you pay for but just try telling the Accounts people that.) Could I do it with a Windows ISA 2000 machine on the Intranet and Port Address Translation? I know all the theory but not whether it all actually works! Suggestions welcome!! :roll:

"There is no such thing as useless information"
More
More
19 years 9 months ago #4367 by Rowenna
Replied by Rowenna on topic those links
Yeah, they are good resources I have got lots of notes I made when reading them. A DMZ is recommended but I don't think I can do that without replacing the 837 with something vastly more expensive. Ho hum. Maybe I'll just have my users VPN into the network and pick up their email from there. Cheers for the help!

"There is no such thing as useless information"
More
19 years 9 months ago #4372 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic VPN
Hi Rowenna, and welcome to Firewall.cx
It sounds like your VPN idea might be worth a look. You already have the facilities right there in the OS and as you say it will avoid the issue of replacing any kit or messing with an already working config. Set it up, demo it to the least hostile user and see if they go for it!
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds