Skip to main content

Placement of Backup / MySQL Server in IPv4 Network

More
12 years 4 months ago #37668 by leeand00
What's an Access List? Does that mean like firewall rules? I could have sworn I did have an sql server on the LAN a few years ago and a webserver on the dmz, and that I some how configured the firewall so that they could communicate between subnets.

Now bear in mind that I have 2 VLANs setup and one is the DMZ and one is the LAN. That I don't remeber setting up a few years ago, but I was using a rather simple-to-setup distribution called Smoothwall at the time. Now I am using OpenWRT backfire (because I'd eventually like to use it to learn some IPv6).

When I was setting up the encrypted backup, I could not get the backup server on the lan to communicate with the web server on the dmz. (Which is how my backup server ended up, one, being encrypted, and two, being on the dmz).

So I'm still a little confused as to how PHP, the web server, on the DMZ is supposed to contact the MySQL server on my LAN. I'm assuming it has something to do with the Access List that you spoke of...um that's about all I know. That said I do have a book on iptables if that is indeed what an access list for an interface is...
More
12 years 4 months ago #37674 by leeand00
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds