Skip to main content

help please

More
13 years 2 months ago #36342 by Mujix
help please was created by Mujix
hi im having my course project at school and im going to create a network with three routers connected to each other and connected to a ISP, router 1 will be HQ and has two networks under it, router 2 is B1 and has one network under it the same for B2. ill be attaching ip phones in the design( using packet tracer 5.3) and under HQ the will be 200 users in total and B1 and B2 100 each. under every network ill be listing only 5 devises with 1 printer and ip phone.

can anyone please help in choosing the routers and switches and why should i chose this particular router and switch.

thanks hope you guys can help.
More
13 years 2 months ago #36343 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic ...
Hi mate,

Looks like you are asking us to do the actual project. Why don't you do something, come up with a solution, and if you run aground with any issue, feel free to post your question over here. We will be glad to help you out.

However, it will be unfair on you for us to select everything for this project. We will be robbing you of the opportunity to come up with a solution and go through the troubleshooting yourself.

Let us know how you get along, and ofcourse, upload a picture of your network, once complete, as a post over here. We would love to see your achievement

Cheers

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
13 years 2 months ago #36346 by sose
Replied by sose on topic Re: help please
Follow Arani's suggestion and you can defend your project any where in the world. Good luck.
More
13 years 2 months ago #36351 by Nevins
Replied by Nevins on topic Re: help please
Actually all he asked was :

can anyone please help in choosing the routers and switches and why should i chose this particular router and switch?

To figure that out just look at the options that you have within packet tracer. For routers you only have like 4 non generic options in packet tracer anyways. Just choose the ones that can support the required NM/WIC cards you need. As for the switches count how many users each switch will support and add them from there.

There are only about 4 realistic options for routers and switches in packet tracer just grab one and try it out. If it doesn't meet your needs switch it out for another one.

Useful Threads
================================
www.firewall.cx/forum/2-basic-concepts/3...e-resource-page.html
More
13 years 2 months ago #36354 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic ...
Hi Nevins.

Part of that sentence was 'and why'. So not only will we end up selecting the type of routers and switches, we'll also give him the justification for it.

It's his project, would it be nice if I said,"Use a xxxx series router and a yyyy series switch, and my justification is because I felt like it" ?

It's in his best interest that he selects his devices, and then comes up with the justification as to why he has done so. That will also give him indepth knowledge of several networking equipment and the facilities they provide.

Cheers

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
13 years 2 months ago #36355 by Mujix
Replied by Mujix on topic Re: help please
hey adrani,sose and Nevins
thank you guys for the replay and adrani you are right mate it'll be better if i figure it out my self and yeah ill post it here as soon as i finish but you'll have to give your opinion on it, i'm trying to do my best and it'll be nice after i post it here if you guys can suggest any additional staff i can add but not in detail so i can look how to do it my self

thanks allot again :)
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds