Skip to main content

Need free Cisco IOS Software

More
13 years 3 months ago #36069 by rizin
Hi,

Can anyone let me know where i would get Free Cisco router IOS Software, since I want to use GNS3.

Thanks,

Rizin

Known is a drop, unknown is an Ocean
More
13 years 3 months ago #36075 by rizin
Hi,

Well let me rephrase my Question, Is Cisco allowing to download any IOS Software of router for testing purpose ?

Rizin

More
13 years 3 months ago #36076 by Chris
rizin,

Unfortunately Cisco does not permit direct download of its IOS software - you must have a support contract in order to download and use their IOS software, regardless where you want to use it.

With the new Universal IOS releases, v15, things are even more strict as they require you to have a license installed on the router for every service e.g Advanced Security (VPN), UC ( Unified Communications - Call Manager Express & VoIP Services) e.t.c.

On the other side, there is an application called "IOSHunter " which does what you are seeking - searches for free IOS's, however we do not support or endorse such software here :)

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
13 years 3 months ago #36079 by rizin
Hi Chris,

Wish you very Happy Birthday :D and thanks for the gift instead of your Birthday Cake, and I regret i didn't present any gift however it is you who should inform the members here in Firewall, Just Kidding Chris, We Wish you live long and Bright future with more and more achievements.

Chris you just draw the line and We will laid the road, you know we firewall members are smart followers of you. :)

Rizin.

More
13 years 3 months ago #36114 by TheBishop
Worth adding that many of the sites out there that offer free copies of stuff you'd normally need to pay for often give you additional free software as well that is far less welcome!
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds