Skip to main content

SATA Drives

More
19 years 11 months ago #3588 by FreeFall
SATA Drives was created by FreeFall
Can anyone give me feedbacks on SATA drives, are these drives already reliable as ATA or SCSI?

I'm currently using one but everytime I start copying big file to it, its reseting my connection. Checked already my network connection and its working OK. tested copying on an ATA drive and did not encounter any problem.

Has anyone encountered this problem before?
More
19 years 11 months ago #3592 by jackeen
Replied by jackeen on topic Re: SATA Drives
hi freefall

sata drives are a fairly new technology,manufactures like dell,hp etc are only staring to move away from the standard ata and are now implementing sata drive into there pcs,so it may still be quite a while before we know how reliable these drives are.

in saying all of this the only real differance between sata and pata
is there interface and the data transfer speed,

in relation to scsi,scsi would be more reliable and faster,mainly used in raid configurations in servers,

i have been using a sata drive for the last 5months and have had no problems,"tip wood"
mainly for backing up dvds across the network
10gig at any time

have you install the latest chipset drivers that came with ur pcs motherboard or did u let windows try and detect the harddrive,
just a thought!
More
19 years 11 months ago #3619 by FreeFall
Replied by FreeFall on topic Re: SATA Drives
Hi,

Thanks very much for your reply, yup, actually I've tried reinstalling the driver a couple of times. I'm using the driver that came with the controller.

btw, my SATA is on a RH Linux box.

Cheers
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds