Skip to main content

Cannot seem to get a DNS working in my network.

More
13 years 6 months ago #35721 by Armament
So i have been given the assigment at school to design a network with a working DNS server, wich has a couple of domains in it.

I think i configured everything correctly. Ive been checking all my IP-s for hours but i just cannot see what im doing wrong. I asked my school teacher to please tell me where the problem is but he refuses to tell me and says i have to find out on my own.

Ive uploaded the packet tracer file. I would highly appreciate it, if anyone could please tell me, why my PC0-PC6 cannot go to for example www.google.nl (wich i registered on the dns server.

rapidshare.com/#!download|976|429447271|...ct_periode_1.pka|284

Thank u in advance.
More
13 years 5 months ago #35739 by Chojin
First thing to check is if your DNS queries are being resolved.

You can check this by using the nslookup command. Since you are learning, you can figure out how the nslookup works...

When your DNS is being replied by the correct IP adres (it has to be an public ip adres) you can verify your DNS is working correctly.

If you are not receiving a public IP adres for the google page, there is something wrong.

For DNS servers, it is standard to only by authorative for your own domain, which I mean, host your own domain in your DNS server, anything else has to be forward towards an public DNS server.

CCNA / CCNP / CCNA - Security / CCIP / Prince2 / Checkpoint CCSA
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds