Skip to main content

New VoIP Setup......

More
13 years 7 months ago #35527 by talk2sp
New VoIP Setup...... was created by talk2sp
Hello i hope every geek in this house is doing alright.

I need ideas and suggestions on this ~

A prospective client wants to replace his old PABX with IP telephony. He called me to give him a cost effective proposal as well as a Network Re - Design (As soon as possible).

Please guys i know i will need to buy some cisco ip phones, and place them on a separate vlan, etc.

Please i need all suggestions as well as workaround i could get from you people.

They have the following equipments on ground ~
- Cisco 2800 Series Routers
- Cisco 2950 Switches (like 4 of them on the rack)
- IBM Servers
- HP Servers.....

Please i will need all workarounds, suggestions, implementations, anything u could help me with concerning this project.
I have already started putting up something but i need suggestions from u guys.

Thanks guys.

Meanwhile i thought of asterisk VoIP server....

Much thanks mates

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
13 years 7 months ago #35528 by Bublitz
Replied by Bublitz on topic Re: New VoIP Setup......
The 2800 i'm not really worried.

The 2950's aren't exactly the most feature rich (all features depend on the type of 2950 can you get more info?).

The Cisco Catalyst® 2950 Series switches include two software image versions that support different degrees of functionality—the Standard Image (SI) and the Enhanced Image (EI) Software.

Most 2950s have some basic vlan, qos, acl, and voice vlan capability's. Again its kinda of a entry level cisco switch so as long as you aren't doing anything crazy you should be fine.

What phone system are you guys going with?

I would check with the vendor of course and ask the preferred method of QOS and make sure that the switches and routers support this method. As always vlan the voice traffic off on their own vlan.

Hp even the older servers support vlans with the HP network management utility so not concerned there. IBM i'm no help

The Bublitz
Systems Admin
Hospice of the Red River Valley
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds