Skip to main content

cant go through a cisco device

More
14 years 10 months ago #30778 by sose
finally resolved

thanks all

i hardly work on cisco equipments in this part of the world

sys-halt
you can hear me laughinging because you have been infected too with the .txt virus hahahahha
More
14 years 10 months ago #30779 by ZiPPy
sose,

Does your company have a Cisco account?

*EDIT* After posting I noticed I was a bit late. Nevermind looks like you got it resolved. 8)

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
14 years 10 months ago #30780 by sose
zippy my company has a cisco academy and have some sort of partnership with cisco

and about the router ios how do i go about downloading it to a tftp server then to my router

I also notice that when configuring the hyperterminal i cant use the name com1 for the hyperterminal it will prompt me that it is a reserved device name hope no problem cause in the past i dont see such prompts
More
14 years 10 months ago #30782 by ZiPPy
Your going to need a TFTP server such as TFTP Server from Solarwinds. Once you have the TFTP server installed on your machine, you will place the IOS image in a specified directory where the TFTP server is installed. Once the image is placed in the correct directory you will need to put both the TFTP server(your computer) and the Cisco device on the same subnet. The link below should lead you through the process rather well.

Link: www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel...9186a00800810f3.html

Regarding your COM ports, your more than likely receiving that error because COM1 is used by something else. If you right click on My Computer > Manage > Device Manager > Ports(COM & LPT) check and see what COM ports you have available.

Cheers,

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds