Skip to main content

Cisco 2980g resources

More
15 years 1 week ago #30227 by timparker
Anyone seen any good resources for configuring one of these? I picked up one to toy with at home (yeah I know who needs an 80 Port switch for home)...

I can log in but it doesn' seem to follow any of the "normal" router stuff that I have toyed with before.....

TIA.

Tim
More
15 years 1 week ago #30229 by Elohim
Replied by Elohim on topic Re: Cisco 2980g resources
You know this is not a layer 3 device right?

Anyone seen any good resources for configuring one of these? I picked up one to toy with at home (yeah I know who needs an 80 Port switch for home)...

I can log in but it doesn' seem to follow any of the "normal" router stuff that I have toyed with before.....

TIA.

Tim

More
15 years 1 week ago #30239 by timparker
Replied by timparker on topic Re: Cisco 2980g resources
Honestly, no, I haven't gotten any further than making room on my desk for it and plugging it into my small netgear router. I haven't gotten any literature to figure exactly what I have. It was cheap and looks neat sitting on my desk.

Hmmm time I guess to hit google a little bit and see what I can find...
More
15 years 6 days ago #30244 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: Cisco 2980g resources
May be this is what your looking for:

www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/ca...guide/configure.html

The title says 4500, but if you read further, it says it's for all Catalyst 4500 Series, 2948G and 2980G Switches.

If some commands don't work, then you might have an older version image, so you will need an older configuration guide like this one for example:

www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/ca...on/guide/sw_cfg.html

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
15 years 5 days ago #30250 by timparker
Replied by timparker on topic Re: Cisco 2980g resources
That looks like it might help out a bit. Like Elohim had said, I didn't look to see what type of switch it really was. But that should get me going. I was going to play some with VLANs and such.

Thanks, now I got some weekend reading since I think the weather is supposed to be crap. :o)
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds