Skip to main content

default routes

More
20 years 1 month ago #2922 by pndennie
default routes was created by pndennie
Good day :D
I think I am having a meltdown. I have a frame network with around 50 sites across 2 frame t-1's. All of my outlying sites gets their default route and shows up when I do a sho ip route but one site does not get it at all. I do not have default routes set in the config files at any other remote routers. Any ideas?
More
20 years 1 month ago #2923 by pndennie
Replied by pndennie on topic Re: default routes
I have given a static route to the outlying router for the gateway of last resort. This has fixed the problem but I am still trying to figure why this one is different
More
20 years 1 month ago #2987 by UHSsncmrm
Replied by UHSsncmrm on topic Re: default routes
I'm thinking (hoping) you added a default gateway and not a gateway of last resort which would in fact pass ALL traffic unknown to the edge out the edge.

Does the outlying site have a core router/switch where every device defaults to? If so does that device know of the Serial Intfc's IP?

Is the edge the default gateway of all devices?

Is the problem edge's Serial intfc the same IP scheme (albeit different subdivision) such as 10.75.250.x/30, as the working edges. If not your core needs to know that route. If it's the same is the route on your core a class c?

For more paste configs of problem edge and working edge here and relevant cores and your aggregate router and its core.

Assuming your WAN is inaccessible from the public there is no need to worry about pasting configs or changing pwds or IPs.

A scapegoat is often as welcome as a solution...never memorize what you can look up.
More
20 years 1 month ago #2991 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: default routes
pndennie,

As UHS suggested, if you can paste the configuration files, it would help us get a better idea on the network layout to resolve your problem.

There is no need to include any passwords or other sensitive information!

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds