Skip to main content

networking

More
20 years 1 month ago #2856 by rana
networking was created by rana
hello i want to know the command which shows all ip addresses of windows network in lan
More
20 years 1 month ago #2858 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: networking
Show all IP addresses on your LAN ? I don't think I've understood properly.. there is no command that will show you that... you could open Network Neighborhood and see all the machines that are in your LAN..

otherwise you would have to get yourself a mass-ping utility that will consecutively ping all IP addresses in a range.. I would recommend nmap www.insecure.org/nmap or superscan (search for it)
You could even try Sam Spade.

Hope that helps

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 1 month ago #2864 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: networking
Sahir's right, there is no Windows command available that will show you all active hosts within a given network.

Alternative you can download IP Network Browser (Downloads>Network Security & Administration>More Network Tools). I personally have been using this application for years - its fast and stable, supporting SNMP aswell - should you have any hosts that run a SNMP server.

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
20 years 1 month ago #2869 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: networking
Assuming you want to find only all the Windows machines on your network do the following :

[1] Wait for latest worm to come out (should be something on one of the ASN.1 vulnerabilities within a couple of months)
[2] Don't patch your systems
[3] Watch all your Windows boxen announce themselves all over the network ;)

hehe I'm just kidding. Use the information from one of the two posts above.

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds