Skip to main content

restricting users in 2003 domain from changing desktop...

More
15 years 4 months ago #28492 by ramachandraraju
Hi All....

I am working as a system administrator. Recently my company designer create wallpaper with company logo. i want to set that wallpaper in all client systems in domain..

As per my knowledge it is possible with Group Policy Object.but i don't know which settings are need to set in Domain controller.

please tell any suggestions....
More
15 years 4 months ago #28493 by jtartist
User Configuration >> Windows Setings >> Administrative Templates >> Desktop >> Active Desktop

Enable > Active Desktop Wallpaper
More
15 years 4 months ago #28580 by ramachandraraju
Hi All,

thank u... jtartist. Your suggestion working perfectly. I applied it.

Actually i want to restrict the users by using group policies. I did all the things. But i am unable to do one thing.
We have different departments like developers,office administrators, etc... The issues is i want to customize start menu like for office administrators can see only ms-office,adobe reader,messenger. But i installed Firefox, Nero, vlc media player , php and Winzip in all systems. If a developer login to the system then he should see all the applications in all programs menu and if a office administrator login to the system then it should show only ms-office,adobe reader and messenger.
I enabled
"User Configuration >> Administrative Templates >> Start menu and task bar >> Remove common program groups from Start menu option"
then all the applications are removed from all programs menu. but i want to restrict some applications only according to the user.

Please anyone give me some idea about this issue...

Thanku
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds