opsp

More
15 years 5 months ago #28343 by terryboob
opsp was created by terryboob
post updated
More
15 years 5 months ago #28345 by Chojin
Replied by Chojin on topic Re: opsp
rip is like cursing in network world :-).

Go with OSPF, the convergence is very nice, it is easy to setup and you have more control over your network with OSPF then with RIPv2.
RIP also polutes your network more with useless multicasts where OSPF only sends keep-a-lives and updates WHEN necessary.

If you have only 2 routers, you can also go with static routing, maybe OSPF is a bit overkill for a small environment.
Then again,OSPF makes it easier to make some changes on your network or adding routers//routes.

If you have only cisco hardware, you could also go with EIGRP, EIGRP is specially designed for Cisco equipment.

Grtz Ch.

CCNA / CCNP / CCNA - Security / CCIP / Prince2 / Checkpoint CCSA
More
15 years 4 months ago #28620 by terryboob
Replied by terryboob on topic Re: opsp

rip is like cursing in network world :-).

Go with OSPF, the convergence is very nice, it is easy to setup and you have more control over your network with OSPF then with RIPv2.
RIP also polutes your network more with useless multicasts where OSPF only sends keep-a-lives and updates WHEN necessary.

If you have only 2 routers, you can also go with static routing, maybe OSPF is a bit overkill for a small environment.
Then again,OSPF makes it easier to make some changes on your network or adding routers//routes.

If you have only cisco hardware, you could also go with EIGRP, EIGRP is specially designed for Cisco equipment.

thanks for ur contributions...but i cant use other protocol.....i need to choose btw ripv2 or ospf
Grtz Ch.

More
15 years 4 months ago #28621 by terryboob
Replied by terryboob on topic Re: opsp
i can only used ripv2 or ospf
More
15 years 4 months ago #28622 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: opsp

i can only used ripv2 or ospf

OSPF

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas