Skip to main content

No access to 1 url via 1 connection

More
16 years 5 months ago #23978 by DaveBlur
Huh?

I recently changed to a different hosting for our e-mail. It seems all the proper propagation of pertinent pointers is placed, but I can't access the e-mail gateway address when connected via my office. I can connect on other isps, but not my own. I can connect to any site on the planet on my connection, just not my own e-mail.

Of course the T1 provider says it is the Email provider, and the Email provider says it is the T1 line.

I owe a beer to anyone that has a clue about this one.

(I have reset every browser/firewall/router/multiple computers/shook voodoo dolls at the connection solution I can think of)
More
16 years 5 months ago #23979 by Elohim
It is both of their fault...

you can email me the beer.

Huh?

I recently changed to a different hosting for our e-mail. It seems all the proper propagation of pertinent pointers is placed, but I can't access the e-mail gateway address when connected via my office. I can connect on other isps, but not my own. I can connect to any site on the planet on my connection, just not my own e-mail.

Of course the T1 provider says it is the Email provider, and the Email provider says it is the T1 line.

I owe a beer to anyone that has a clue about this one.

(I have reset every browser/firewall/router/multiple computers/shook voodoo dolls at the connection solution I can think of)

More
16 years 5 months ago #23980 by jtartist
Just a wild guess, but perhaps DNS records haven't propagated over to your T1 providers DNS servers, if you are using their DNS servers.

Run an nslookup and change the query type to MX

nslookup
set type=mx
domain.com <--your domain name here.

It should resolve with your new e-mail providers IP addresses
More
16 years 5 months ago #24000 by DaveBlur
Tried that... using alternate dns and all. Also hooked into my T1 directly (bypassing my firewall / network gear) with the same result. My business T1 connection is the only place on the planet that can't access my Network Solutions e-mail account. It may be easier to move my business! :roll:
More
16 years 5 months ago #24011 by DaveBlur
Sooo.... My T1 provider didn't get the proper DNS info from Network Solutions. It took a while to find a tech that could figure that out, but we're good now.
More
16 years 5 months ago #24019 by TheBishop
Who gets the beer?
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds