Skip to main content

vpn solution

More
16 years 10 months ago #22493 by Wimpsy
vpn solution was created by Wimpsy
Hi guys.One of our clients has 3 offices which need to be linked.Office A is 2 km from head office and Office B is 3.2 Km from head office.They would like VPN implemented among the three offices and they prefer that wireless be used.What wireless solution is best and what other equipment will be needed.This is a new project and all offices currently have no networking equipment.Kindly assist because its an urgent project.

regards
More
16 years 10 months ago #22506 by toddwoo
Replied by toddwoo on topic Re: vpn solution
I'm not a wireless guru or anything.. But I don't think you want to use wireless over that kind of distance. The cost of the solutions out there is likely alot greater than the cost of giving each location a Business class DSL or Cable modem and using a simple VPN from there.
More
16 years 10 months ago #22507 by Wimpsy
Replied by Wimpsy on topic Re: vpn solution
Thanks toddwoo.I also think DSL is the best option but the customer prefers that wireless be used.I will try and persuade the client to go for DSL.
More
16 years 10 months ago #22510 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Re: vpn solution
I'm with toddwoo, I think that a wireless solution done properly will almost certainly cost them more than ADSL provision and some little VPN routers. If they insist on the wireless route then plan carefully. Consider whether you have line of sight between the buildings or not. If you do you could use quite a range of commercial products using microwave or infrared/laser. If the sightline is dodgy then you're stuck with trying to make wireless networking cover the link, and the kit to do that would be esoteric and the results not guaranteed. Or there's always satellite - a 650 mile round trip up and down again for a 5 mile lateral link distance. Nah, I think I'd go for ADSL...
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds