Skip to main content

NAT HELP

More
17 years 2 months ago #20086 by Brandonh
NAT HELP was created by Brandonh
I have configured Static Nat in my boson sim. I have two routers and one of them is my Nat router which has an inside interface which is the ethernet and an outside interface which is the serial interface connected to router 2. I have put in the configurations for Nat and i am able to ping the translated address"inside golobal" from router 2 which is an outside router but i can also ping the inside local "private address"

Shouldnt the private address not be pingable? Why would i beable to ping the Public address and the private address of the pc behind the nat router? thats like someone pinging my ip address that comcast assigned me and being able to ping all of my internal computers 192.168.0.1 and so on.

Maybe im messing something perhaps another command ?
More
17 years 2 months ago #20087 by Brandonh
Replied by Brandonh on topic NAT
I got the private IP address unable to be pinged but for some reason the the pc on the inside cannot get out even though outside routers can ping this pc using the public address that has been translated from a private address. So maybe the nat router is not allowing it to go out but only stuff in to it ?
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds