Skip to main content

How to startup a WEB hosting service

More
17 years 6 months ago #17352 by Xpert5
1. please can i get detailed requirements and a step by step procedure for starting web a hosting service:possibly with a propsal guidelines :?
More
15 years 3 months ago #28964 by Herthorn
I don't know about detailed, but i wouldn't mind having an idea of what I would need so I can figure out the costwill be. not to mention what all I need to know to administer to it.

Thanks
More
15 years 3 months ago #28979 by skepticals
I'm not sure what it would take to start one from the ground up, but I am a host reseller. I pay X amount of dollars for X amount of space per month. Then I can sell that space to my clients for X amount of dollars per month.

This makes it so I do not have to maintain any of the backup/redundancy/upgrades of the servers.
More
15 years 3 months ago #28983 by Herthorn
I am prity new to this. I just figured that the best way to learn would be to find out what all I would need, how much It would cost and what all I need to know in order to maintain it.
That way I Know what I don't know and need to learn.

Thanks
More
15 years 1 month ago #29708 by kithylin
There's alot to think about in the web hosting business... if you want to do it out of your house you have to rent a T1 or better (Mainly for the SLA and uptime requirements) and concern yourself with power and cooling for the servers. Can't let the servers ever go offline, even in an extended power failure, That means a UPS and possibly a generator, etc.

The other way is to rent a server at a data center and setup a hosting business using that. Depends really.
More
15 years 1 month ago #29709 by timparker
Yeah there are a lot of things to consider. I have worked and seen some very nice datacenter set ups. As stated, power, cooling are two main things to worry about.

The simplest as stated is to rent space from a company doing it and then resell from there. As they will worry about all that for you.

You also get into hardware, redundancy, sound. If you have multiple servers and hardware running, they tend to make a bit of noise.

Then you have to worry about security, patches, upgrades, etc. If people are writing there own code, you have to worry about them taking down a server. I don't know how many times I have been paged and woken up at 1 am to fix a server......
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds